Over a decade ago, Jar and Java games ruled the gaming space. Most of the mobiles at that time supported these .jar extension games.
These games soon became extinct with the advent of powerful smartphones such as Apple, Android, and Linux.
However, do you know?
Is it still possible to play Java games on your computers and laptops?
Playing such .jar mobile application games is easier than you would have imagined.
All you need to do is – download an emulator which acts as an interface between your PC and the Java games.
Scroll below to learn- how to play JAVA games on PC.
How to Play Java Games on a PC using Emulators?
Out of several emulators, two emulators stand out from the rest in terms of popularity. Here, We are discussing some of the ways you can make sure you are having a good time playing Java games on your PC with these two emulators.
There are two methods to play java games on a desktop:
1. With KEmulator
2. With SBJoy
1. Play .Jar Games on PC with KEmulator Lite v0.9.8
This can be said to be the most user-friendly and provides the best features for any game lover. I can say this has helped me to a large extent. The software is straightforward to install and allows you to play nearly all mobile java ( j2me ) games and apps on the computer. Users can use this software on any device with any resolution to play Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, or LG Games.
Besides allowing you to play 2D and 3D graphics engines, it provides image and video-capturing features. You can get a free download of this software by clicking the download button below!
1) Click on the given link and download the software for your computer.
2) After installation of the .exe file, click The Next Button.
3) To move to a new interface, click on Browse for changing directories.
4) After the page appears, move to the toolbar and select Midlet>Load jar.
5) Select the desired game and Open it. (Games need to be formatted Jar)
6) Enjoy the game!
2. Play Java Games with Sj-Boy-JavaEmulator for PC
This application is better than many older emulators like MidpX and automatically defaults to a Nokia N70 skin. Users can easily use Opera Mini, take screenshots, and watch the news like the BBC and other features. You can easily download it by clicking the button below.
1) The steps for this are similar to the above. Install the emulator and click Next.
2) Browse and then select Midlet>Load jar
3) Open your desired game and enjoy.
Although this is easy to use, I found resolution issues about this.
These are the few emulators I found to be hugely user-friendly and easy to download. Apart from these, you can also use a few more emulators.
MidpX is another emulator that is an alternative to both KEmulator and SjBoy. You can download it too by clicking the button below.
I hope this list helps you as it did for me. Don’t worry about not being able to play JAVA games anymore. Keep playing and having fun!