GameCube games are ridiculously popular that more and more gamers are looking to enjoy them on multiple platforms. Nintendo WII U is one of those platforms where you can easily play gamecubes games. Yes – you heard it right – you can play the gamecube games on the popular Nintendo WII U.
More at Gamenvoy:
How to Play GameCube Games on Wii U Nintendo?
Here is how to play gamecube games on Nintendo wii u console.
If you’re asking yourself – Can the WII U Play gamecube games?
Yes – you can.
Nintendo is an excellent medium for installing and, playing GameCube games with the backward compatibility feature that is missing in the Wii U system.
Nintendo adds more power to the Wii U with a list of enhanced features.
Here are the features of Nintendo WII U:
- Nintendo comes with an inbuilt memory card, which helps in local game storage.
- Flexible to work with Bluetooth systems like Sony and PS4.
- Aids in instant connectivity to USB controllers.
- Provides a ready access to the desired database.
Launching the Homebrew Medium on your Wii U
A major prerequisite before installing Nintendo on your Wii U is the setup of Homebrew channel. One interesting feature about Nintendo is that it does not need any external USB loaders to perform its desired function. One simple thing to do is to connect your console to the Homebrew point to complete the installation process hassle-free.
How to Install Homebrew on the Nintendo Wii U?
It is mandated to follow the following steps for installation after setting up the Homebrew channel.
- Have an SD card handy with a storage limit up to 8 GB. Navigate to the Gaming unit main hub and, download the three files wit different extensions that include .icon.png, .meta.xml, and .loader.doI. Drag and drop these files to the folder on the specified path in the card.
- As a next step, alter the file extension name from loader.doI to boot.doI and hit save button.
- Copy and paste all the game related files into the games repository location.
- Move the disc images by creating a separate subdirectory with respect to the game name.
- Put on the SD card in the system after inspecting the quality of the card.
- Choose the Homebrew medium before loading the game you want to play.
- Click on the Update link and then choose the extension controllers.zip to establish an instant and secure connectivity between the console and USB controllers.
How to Play GameCube games on the Nintendo Wii U?
For a smooth gaming experience, all you have to do is follow the above steps and, install the Homebrew channel and, set up Nintendo on SD card. Then put in your preferred GameCube disc and, enjoy the uninterrupted gaming session.
Steps to play Gamecube Games on Nintendo WII U ?
- As a first step, unwrap the cover on the top of the Wii located right above the power button on the console.
- Secondly, connect a game controller to the Wii console, which, is the essential step. Make sure you connect not more than four controllers at a time.
- Open the case behind the Wii spotted at close proximity to the GameCube controller.
- If you intend to check your game progress status, then insert memory cards into the drive of the controller slots. These memory cards differ from the SD cards. It is not necessary to do but the player cannot track the progress percentage of the game when he/she removes the disc.
- Last before the final step; insert a GameCube disc into the slot to the Wii slot or provision.
- Select the Home button using the Wii controller icon.
- Finally, you are good to go and, you can select the desired GameCube game and enjoy it.
- Click on the Play via the controllers just like the remote for a TV.
Hope the guide on how to GameCube games on Wii was informative and comprehensive. Few of the worth exploring games are Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros, and The Legend of Zelda. Try your luck by installing GameCube games on the Wii U platform and, have good exposure to all brand new games on the internet.
Don’t Forget to Share this guide on Facebook, Reddit and more. And Let them enjoy the Gamecube games on Nintendo WII U