Motivating someone tends to improve their performance. And when it comes to streaming on Twitch, there is a unique way to appreciate your favourite streamer’s work. That unique way is giving bits on Twitch.
Bits are virtual goods that you can donate or give to your favourite streamer as a token of cheer while he or she is streaming their content. But for that, you need to purchase some of them from the Twitch platform. Also, we recently posted about how you can raid on twitch. Don’t forget to give it a read.
More From Gamenvoy:
Right now, there must be many questions whirling in your mind related to bits like how can you give bits, where you will get those bits and more.
Just hold your horses for a little more time as we are going to explore everything in this post. You can also check out our latest post about following and unfollowing someone on Twitch. Go here to Read.
What are Bits on Twitch and How to Get Bits?
Well, as listed above, Bits are virtual goods that you can gift your favourite streamer during their live feed. Obviously, you need to have bits before you can send them to your liked streamer. So, let explore how you can get Bits.
How can you get bits on Twitch?
Here are the detailed steps to get bits on Twitch:
- Log in to your Twitch account.
- On the top right corner, you will see a “Get Bits” option just beside the user profile icon.
- Tap on the Get Bits option. You will get a number of options, including the number of bits along with their price.
- Choose the option that you like. You can pay by either PayPal or Amazon pay or by credit card.
- Make the required payment, and you will get the bits.
Now, you can use these bits to cheer up your streamer.
Note: If you want to get rid of the hassle of buying bits, again and again, you can use the auto re-fill feature of the Twitch platform. But, for that, you need to do the enable the two-factor authentication.
Enable two-factor authentication (2FA):
- Go to security settings.
- Select the enable 2FA option.
- Enter the password and phone number to receive the OTP and you are done.
- Post this; you can go back to the purchase page to select the bits package you want to purchase and autofill when it goes below a threshold.
Do you know?
You can also get free bits by watching ads; they can be 5, 10 and even 100!!
How to give bits on Twitch?
Now, that you have bits, let us see how you can give bits on Twitch:
- Go to the channel that is live! Most of the verified channel have purple badge.
- In the chat section, look for a “Diamond” icon just beside the emoticon icon.
- Click on that icon, and you will see options for cheering like various animated icons and emojis. Each one has some number of bits dedicated to them. Tap on the one you want to send as per your preference (number of bits).
- You will see that command will automatically be typed in the chatbox. You can also type the command if you want.
- Post this, add any additional comment if you want and send it.
Note: You can also cheer anonymously by typing “Anon1” in the chatbox for 1 bit. For that, you need to check the “Cheer Anonymously” box.
This is how you can cheer by using bits on Twitch!!
What are the Various Pros of Donating Bits?
Bits are beneficial for both streamers and viewers.
For Streamers: For every bit package you purchase, the streamer and Twitch both make money. For example, if you purchase bits worth of $1.40 (100 bits). $1 will go to streamer and the rest to Twitch. This way a streamer makes 1 cent per cheer in his or her chat.
For Viewers: Based on the number of bits donated, viewers also get badges varying from grey to ultimate golden colour. This badge is displayed next to the name of the viewer in the chat.
Other than that, as per streamer’s preference, top 3 or top 10 cheerers are also shown in the chat. It can be weekly, monthly or on an all-time basis. The top 3 cheerers also get extra badges for their support. If you feel like some cheerers are just to distract, you can always block them on twitch.
Liked our post? Well, share it with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, or Reddit!!
If you have any suggestions or reviews, let us know in the comment section below!!