Have you ever encountered a point where in the live streaming – you wished – you have captured that instance and shared with your friends -on the spot? Well, if you do, then you will surely love the brilliant clip feature of the ultimate streaming platform (Twitch).
If you come across some incredible and awe-inspiring content and thought you would love to watch it all over again – during the live stream of some broadcaster, the clip Twitch feature lets you trim that part of the stream and share it with your friends. But Remember, don’t forget to block the distractions.
This feature is extremely good for streamers as it helps them gain new followers or viewers on the Twitch platform indirectly. Moreover, the viewers can share the produced clip on a plethora of social networks.
Just like we discussed how to give bits on Twitch, we will also help you figure out how to produce your favourite clips on Twitch. So, keep reading!!!
How to Clip or Trim a Live Stream on Twitch?
The process to clip a video stream on Twitch on your PC is pretty simple. Here are the detailed steps that you need to follow:
- Log in to your verified Twitch account and go to your favorite live channel. Now, I don’t know that when that awesome scene will come but here is the next step.
- When you know that you need to clip a scene, hover over the video and look for a “clapperboard” icon on the bottom right side of the video screen beside the “Setting” gear icon.
- When you click on the clapperboard icon, it will open up another window with the video stream and a slider to mark the time stamp.
- Using the slider, select the part that you want to clip, add a title to your clip and click on “Publish”.
- On the next screen, you will see the clipped stream along with its title, name of the creator and number of views.
- The screen will also show you a link along with various social sharing buttons like Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- You can copy the link to share or can also tap on any social icon to share.
How to use the Clip Feature on your Phone?
As you have already learnt how to clip a stream on your PC, let us explore how to trim your favourite scene out of the live stream video on your phone.
- Log in to your account and go to one of your live channels.
- Tap on the video part of the mobile screen, and you will see a clapperboard icon beside the Gear (Settings) icon.
- Tap on the clapperboard, and you will see a pop-up screen that will be processing or generating your clip.
- Wait for that to generate your clip.
- On completion, the screen will show you the clip along with various options like share clip, share via Whisper, and copy link.
- You can copy the link and share it wherever you want, and if required, you can tap on ”Share Clip” to share it on social networks like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat or any other social network.
As the clip made on phone is custom. If you want to edit it as per your preference, click on the edit option (shown in the image above). You will see a similar editing screen as on the PC.
Here you can trim the video as per your preference, set the title and tap on ”Publish”. You will receive a small notification at the bottom of the screen saying ”Your clip is Published”.
- Tap on the video screen to bring up a video menu.
- Click on “Share” followed by “Create Clip”.
Your clip will be created!
So, this is how you can use the clip feature on Twitch.
Liked the post? Share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit or wherever you can!
Have any suggestions or reviews, speak up in our comments section below!!
More from Gamenvoy: