When it comes to live web streaming, Twitch always emerges among the top platforms in the world. With over 3.8 million unique broadcasters and 1.44 million viewers in 2020, Twitch is the best online platform to present your skills. Earlier, we have already discussed how you can get purple verification badge on twitch. Give it a read if you haven’t checked it out.
More From Gamenvoy:
- Time to Reignite Your Love for 90’s Arcade Games. Here is how to Play
- How to Choose The Best Tanks For War Games
- How to find tickets in Splatoons 2
- How Node JS Handles Multiple Requests?
- EBN PODCAST 47: Interaction with Ben Bueno (BEACONS.GG)
- How Many Different Roblox Games Were Played in 2020?
Now, when you are broadcasting content, whether it is related to travel, food, or gaming, there will always be a few unwanted guests whom you would like to block or unblock on Twitch.
To be straightforward, you will have viewers who may think they know better than you. Maybe, they are, but they can certainly cause chaos among others and disrupt the complete game playing experience.
In fact, some users would use expletive language, put racist comments, and even worse would behave inappropriately to distract you.
So, how to deal with them?
Twitch offers you a feature to block and unblock viewers as per your preference. Here is how you can tackle them.
How to Use Block Or Unblock On Twitch?
Twitch has made it extremely easy for you to get rid of users with inappropriate behavior on the app and website. Here is how you can use the block and unblock function on twitch:
How to Block Users on the Twitch Website?
To block a user on the Twitch website, follow the described steps:
- In the stream chat section of your game screen, tap on the user you want to block.
- You will see a small pop-up profile overview on the screen. To the right of that box, tap on the button with three dots.
- A drop-down menu will appear; click on the “Block” option.
- For confirmation, the website will display a small dialog box. Choose the “Block” button to block the respective user.
How to Block Users on the Twitch Application?
Apart from this, if you are broadcasting content via your app on the phone, follow the mentioned steps to block someone on Twitch app:
- In the stream chat on the phone, tap on the user that is causing trouble in your streaming session.
- The slide-up menu will show you multiple options on the screen. Choose the “Block” option from the bottom of the menu.
- Post this; the app will pop up a confirmation box. Choose the reason for your block action and tap on “Confirm” to block the user.
Effect of The Block Function
Once you have blocked a user on the Twitch app or website, you will experience the below-mentioned results:
- No whispers from the blocked users.
- The users will not be able to host you.
- They cannot add you as a friend.
- Their messages will be filtered from the chats that you moderate.
- The blocked user will not be able to purchase gift subs for other users in your channel.
So, you will be entirely free from any sort of nuisance and unwanted interference.
How To Unblock Someone On Twitch?
There can be scenarios where broadcasters block their viewers accidentally or intentionally and may still need their help. In this case, they can easily unblock them both on the app and website. Read ahead to know-how,
Unblock Users on the Twitch Website
To unlock the users on the Twitch website, you can choose between two methods:
Stream Chat Method
- Click on the username you want to unblock.
- Tap on the three dots button in the small pop-up profile overview.
- Choose the “Unblock” option.
Twitch Settings Method
- Click on your profile picture on the Twitch website.
- Choose the “Settings” option from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the “Security and Privacy” tab, followed by scrolling down to the “Privacy” section.
- Click on the ”Show Blocked Users” option in the Blocked Users section.
- A list of blocked users will appear. You can either search for the user or scroll the list to find the one you want to unblock.
- Press the bin icon against the user you want to unblock, and you are done.
Unblock Users on the Twitch Application
To unblock the user from the Twitch app:
Tap on the user you want to unblock and choose the ”Unblock” option from the slide-up menu.
These all are the basic steps that will help you restrict a person who creates a nuisance in your stream chat. As there are multiple devices used to stream games other than PC and phone. The basic process to block or unblock on Twitch is the same for all the devices like Xbox, Playstation, Mac, etc.
If you like this post, Give me a thumbs up by sharing the post with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and More.
You can also discuss your thoughts by Dropping the comments below.